U1884 Code - Hybrid Control Module Lost Communication With Passenger Door Module
|U1884 code possible causes
- Faulty Passenger Door Module (PDM)
- Passenger Door Module harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Door Module circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Hybrid Control Module (HCM)
|How do I fix the U1884 code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the U1884 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the U1884 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are U1884 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|U1884 code descriptionModules connected to the class 2 and high-speed General Motor Local Area Network (GMLAN) serial data circuits monitor for serial data communications during normal vehicle operation. Operating information and commands are exchanged among the modules. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is reported on a class 2 link to the scan tool by Powertrain Control Module (PCM) even if they may be set by different modules. The DTC will set when a node alive message has not been received from an identified module within the last 5 seconds after establishing class 2 serial data communication, or a supervised high-speed GMLAN message has not been received.
|Need more information with the U1884 code?Need more information on how to fix the U1884 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|U1884 code information for specific makes
- U1884 BUICK Hybrid Control Module Lost Communication With Passenger Door Module
- U1884 CADILLAC Hybrid Control Module Lost Communication With Passenger Door Module
- U1884 CHEVROLET Hybrid Control Module Lost Communication With Passenger Door Module
- U1884 GMC Hybrid Control Module Lost Communication With Passenger Door Module
|Need help with a U1884 code?Get the U1884 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|U1884 code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the U1884 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks