U1716 BUICK Code - Passenger Power Window Low Speed Serial Data Line Or Sensor Circuit
|U1716 BUICK code possible causes
- Faulty Passenger Power Window Sensor/Motor
- Passenger Power Window Sensor/Motor harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Power Window Sensor/Motor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Passenger Front Door Module (PFDM)
|How do I fix the U1716 BUICK code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the U1716 BUICK code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the U1716 BUICK code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are U1716 BUICK code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|U1716 BUICK code descriptionExpress Up operation of the front door power windows is monitored and controlled by the front door modules and the window sensors. Each front door window motor has a window sensor mounted to it. The Driver Door Module (DDM) and the Passenger Front Door Module (PFDM) each supply battery voltage and ground to power their respective window sensors. The door modules and sensors communicate with each other via a power window high-speed serial data circuit, and a power window low-speed serial data circuit. The window sensor detects differences in the window motors electrical pulses to determine if there is an obstruction to the travel of the window glass. The door modules use the information generated by the sensors to disable the Express-Up movement of a window or reverse the direction of travel, in the event that a passenger, or other obstacles, has become trapped in it.
The power window low-speed serial data circuit is a unique two-way serial data communications link between the door module and the sensor.
State-of-health messages, the position of the window glass in relation to the distance traveled by the window, and the direction in which the window is moving are communicated via this circuit.
The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will be set by the driver door module (DDM), or by the passenger front door module (PFDM) when the DDM or the PFDM has detected any of the following conditions:
- The door module cannot communicate with the sensor over the power window low-speed serial data line.
- The power window low-speed serial data line is open.
- The power window low-speed serial data line is shorted to ground.
- The power window low-speed serial data line is shorted to battery.
- The window sensor battery voltage circuit has failed.
- The window sensor low reference circuit has failed.
|Need more information with the U1716 BUICK code?Need more information on how to fix the U1716 BUICK code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a U1716 BUICK code?Get the U1716 Buick code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|U1716 BUICK code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the U1716 Buick code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks