U1538 Code - Body Control Module Lost Communication With Driver Window Switch On LIN Bus
|U1538 code possible causes
- Faulty Driver Window Switch
- Driver Window Switch harness is open or shorted
- Driver Window Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
|How do I fix the U1538 code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the U1538 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the U1538 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are U1538 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|U1538 code descriptionThe Local Interconnect Network (LIN) Bus consists of a single wire with a transmission rate of 10.417 Kbit/s. The serial data is transmitted over a LIN circuit between a master control module and other LIN devices within a particular subsystem. If serial data communication is lost between any of the LIN devices on the LIN bus network, the master control module will set a no communication code against the non-communicating LIN device. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will set when a supervised periodic message to the Body Control Module (BCM) from the Driver Window Switch has not been received.
|Need more information with the U1538 code?Need more information on how to fix the U1538 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|U1538 code information for specific makes
- U1538 BUICK Body Control Module Lost Communication With Driver Window Switch On LIN Bus
- U1538 CADILLAC Body Control Module Lost Communication With Driver Window Switch On LIN Bus
- U1538 CHEVROLET Body Control Module Lost Communication With Driver Window Switch On LIN Bus
- U1538 GMC Body Control Module Lost Communication With Driver Window Switch On LIN Bus
|Need help with a U1538 code?Get the U1538 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|U1538 code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the U1538 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks