U1475 JEEP Code - Implausible Data Received From Right Impact Pressure Sensor Is Active
|U1475 JEEP code possible causes
- Faulty Right Impact Pressure Sensor
- Right Impact Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Right Impact Pressure Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC)
|How do I fix the U1475 JEEP code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the U1475 JEEP code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the U1475 JEEP code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are U1475 JEEP code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|U1475 JEEP code descriptionSix side impact sensors are used on vehicles equipped with side curtain airbags, three on each side of the vehicle. One acceleration-type sensor is located behind the B-pillar trim near the base of each B-pillar, and one acceleration-type sensor is located behind the quarter panel trim near the base of each C-pillar. One pressure-type sensor is located on each front poor hardware carrier panel, concealed behind each front door inside the trim panel. The passenger door pressure sensor is mounted to the passenger inner door panel behind the door trim panel. The impact sensors perform their own self-test using power supplied by the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) then communicate this status back to the ORC with periodic updates. The repair of this fault condition involves verifying the integrity of the wiring between the ORC and the sensor. A short to voltage fault on the door pressure sensor wiring can cause a loss of communication side-impact code to set and the possible replacement of a good side impact sensor. The door pressure sensor is hardwired to the side impact sensor which is hard-wired to the ORC creating a daisy chain circuit. The short to battery fault in a loss of communication or internal circuit failure of the door pressure sensor can cause the side impact sensor on the same side to set a loss of communication code.
This code will set, if the ORC and the Passenger Door Pressure Sensor (Satellite) do not establish and maintain valid data communications. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will become Active after the fault has set for a minimum of 100 milliseconds (ms). The DTC will go to Stored after the ORC to Passenger Door (Pressure) Sensor communication fault has been removed or the suspect pressure sensor has been replaced. This fault will clear upon the next ignition cycle. The Multifunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) will set in the instrument cluster.
|Need more information with the U1475 JEEP code?Need more information on how to fix the U1475 JEEP code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
|Need help with a U1475 JEEP code?Get the U1475 Jeep code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|U1475 JEEP code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the U1475 Jeep code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks