U1117 - Lost Communication With ABS
U1117 Possible Causes
- Faulty Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Actuator and Electric Unit (Control Unit)
- ABS Control Unit harness is open or shorted
- ABS Control Unit circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code U1117?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the U1117 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the U1117 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
U1117 DescriptionThe Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when the ignition switch is ON, Transmission Control Module (TCM) is unable to receive the CAN communications signal from Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Actuator and Electric Unit (Control Unit) continuously for 2 seconds or more.
U1117 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the U1117 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- U1117 CHRYSLER Lost Communication With Right Rear Tire Pressure Trigger Module
- U1117 DODGE Lost Communication With Right Rear Tire Pressure Trigger Module
- U1117 INFINITI Lost Communication With ABS
- U1117 JEEP Lost Communication With Right Rear Tire Pressure Trigger Module
- U1117 NISSAN Lost Communication With ABS
- U1117 RAM Lost Communication With Right Rear Tire Pressure Trigger Module
Need more help?Get the U1117 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the U1117 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks