U1059 LINCOLN - SCP Invalid or Missing Data for Transmission / Transaxle / PRNDL
- Faulty / intermittent ignition switch connections
- J1850 / SCP / CAN Bus wiring intermittently open, shorted to power or ground
- Faulty / intermittent connection at the Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- Faulty / intermittent connection at the Anti-Lock Brake Module (ABS)
- Faulty / intermittent connection at the Transmission Control Module (TCM)
Tech notesThis is typically an electrical wiring connection issue, either at the engine-transmission controller/ABS controller, or at the sensors being monitored by the manufacturer.
It can occur if:
Battery voltage drops too low.
Brake lights left on (brake light switch sticking)
When is the code detected?When the PCM/ABS/TCM is unable to communicate with any other controller on the bus network at any time while the ignition switch is in the “Run” position.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- ABS Warning Light On
- Shifter won’t come out of park
U1059 Lincoln DescriptionThis is a manufacturer specific fault code and can be used for several different faults, depending upon what the manufacturer wants to use it for. Controllers communicate over the Serial Communication Protocol (SCP) bus network, also known as J1850 bus, or Controller Area Network (CAN) Bus. These bus communication systems may or may not be fault tolerant, which means any type of intermittent/loose connection between these controllers could cause communication to stop. When these controllers are unable to communicate with each other at any time while the ignition switch is turned on, code U1059 will set.
Need more help?Get the U1059 Lincoln code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
U1059 LINCOLN CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the U1059 Lincoln code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks