U1000 2004 INFINITI G35 - CAN Communication Line - Signal Malfunction
- Controller Area Network (CAN) communication harness is open or shorted
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
- Poor harness ground connection.
Tech notesThere is a factory service bulletin for the following Infiniti models:
2004 Infiniti G35
2004 Infiniti G35 Infiniti Service Bulletin Code U1000
Service bulletin suggests cleaning engine and body harness ground connection to repair problem.
• Clean/re-tighten ECM ground connections.
• Clean/re-tighten negative battery cable body connection and battery post connection.
• If needed, clean and ensure good contact between the steering member assembly and the left side
instrument stay assembly.
When is the code detected?When ECM is not transmitting or receiving CAN communication signal of OBD (emission related diagnosis) for 2 seconds or more.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
U1000 2004 Infiniti G35 DescriptionCAN (Controller Area Network) is a serial communication line for real time application. It is an on-vehicle multiplex communication line with high data communication speed and excellent error detection ability. Many electronic control units are equipped onto a vehicle, and each control unit shares information and links with other control units during operation (not independent). In CAN communication, control units are connected with 2 communication lines (CAN H line, CAN L line) allowing a high rate of information transmission with less wiring.
Each control unit transmits/receives data but selectively reads required data only.
Need more help?Get the U1000 2004 Infiniti G35 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
U1000 2004 INFINITI G35 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the U1000 2004 Infiniti G35 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks