U0479 Code - Invalid Data Received From Restraints System Sensor 'I'
|U0479 code possible causes
- Faulty Restraints System Sensor 'I'
- Restraints System Sensor 'I' harness is open or shorted
- Restraints System Sensor 'I' circuit poor electrical connection
|How do I fix the U0479 code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the U0479 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the U0479 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are U0479 code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|U0479 code descriptionA Controller Area Network (CAN) is a vehicle bus standard designed to interconnect automotive devices without a host computer. Operating information and commands are exchanged among the devices. The devices have programmed information about what messages are needed to be exchanged on the serial data circuits. Some devices are constantly receiving information from other devices through serial data communication network. The invalid data Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will be set when a receiving device detects a discrepancy in the information it receives from the Restraints System Sensor 'I' causing its integrity to be questioned.
|Need more information with the U0479 code?Need more information on how to fix the U0479 code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
|Need help with a U0479 code?Get the U0479 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|U0479 code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the U0479 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks