U0401 BMW - Invalid Data Received From ECM/PCM
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- Powertrain Control Module (PCM) harness is open or shorted
- Powertrain Control Module (PCM) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Transmission Control Module (TCM)
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
U0401 Bmw DescriptionThis diagnostic checks the validity of the two Control Area Network (CAN) messages sent by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) containing information about the engine torque. The diagnostic checks the validity by performing a CRC and message counter check be sure the CAN messages are continuously updated by the PCM and they contain valid values.
Need more help?Get the U0401 Bmw code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
U0401 BMW CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the U0401 Bmw code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks