U0233 Code - Lost Communication With Right Side Obstacle Detection Control Module
|U0233 code possible causes
- Faulty Right Side Obstacle Detection Control Module
- Right Side Obstacle Detection Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Right Side Obstacle Detection Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
|How do I fix the U0233 code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the U0233 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the U0233 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are U0233 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|U0233 code descriptionA Controller Area Network (CAN) is a vehicle bus standard designed to interconnect automotive devices without a host computer. Operating information and commands are exchanged among the devices. The devices have programmed information about what messages are needed to be exchanged on the serial data circuits. CAN bus uses two dedicated wires for communication. The wires are called CAN high and CAN low. When the CAN bus is in idle mode, both lines carry 2.5V. When data bits are being transmitted, the CAN high line goes to 3.75V, and the CAN low drops to 1.25V, thereby generating a 2.5V differential between the lines. Since communication relies on a voltage differential between the two bus lines, the CAN bus is NOT sensitive to inductive spikes, electrical fields, or other noise. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when a periodic message from the Right Side Obstacle Detection Control Module has not been received.
|Need more information with the U0233 code?Need more information on how to fix the U0233 code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|U0233 code information for specific makes
- U0233 BUICK Lost Communication With Right Side Object Detection Control Module
- U0233 CADILLAC Lost Communication With Right Side Object Detection Control Module
- U0233 CHEVROLET Lost Communication With Right Side Object Detection Control Module
- U0233 GMC Lost Communication With Right Side Object Detection Control Module
|Need help with a U0233 code?Get the U0233 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|U0233 code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the U0233 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks