U0198 Code - Lost Communication With Telematic Control Module
|U0198 code possible causes
- Faulty Telematic Control Module
- Telematic Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Telematic Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
|How do I fix the U0198 code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the U0198 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the U0198 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are U0198 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|U0198 code descriptionA Controller Area Network (CAN) is a vehicle bus standard designed to interconnect automotive devices without a host computer. Operating information and commands are exchanged among the devices. The devices have programmed information about what messages are needed to be exchanged on the serial data circuits. CAN bus uses two dedicated wires for communication. The wires are called CAN high and CAN low. When the CAN bus is in idle mode, both lines carry 2.5V. When data bits are being transmitted, the CAN high line goes to 3.75V, and the CAN low drops to 1.25V, thereby generating a 2.5V differential between the lines. Since communication relies on a voltage differential between the two bus lines, the CAN bus is NOT sensitive to inductive spikes, electrical fields, or other noise. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when a periodic message from the Telematic Control Module has not been received.
|Need more information with the U0198 code?Need more information on how to fix the U0198 code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|U0198 code information for specific makes
- U0198 BUICK Lost Communication With Telematic Control Module
- U0198 CADILLAC Lost Communication With Telematic Control Module
- U0198 CHEVROLET Lost Communication With Telematic Control Module
- U0198 FORD Lost Communication With Telematic Control Module
- U0198 GMC Lost Communication With Telematic Control Module
- U0198 LINCOLN Lost Communication With Telematic Control Module
- U0198 MERCURY Lost Communication With Telematic Control Module
|Need help with a U0198 code?Get the U0198 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|U0198 code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the U0198 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks