U0172 RAM Code - Lost Communication With Left Side Satellite Acceleration Sensor 1
|U0172 RAM code possible causes
- Faulty Left Side Impact Sensor 1
- Left Side Impact Sensor 1 harness is open or shorted
- Left Side Impact Sensor 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC)
|How do I fix the U0172 RAM code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the U0172 RAM code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the U0172 RAM code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are U0172 RAM code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|U0172 RAM code descriptionThe impact sensors perform their own self-test using power supplied by the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) then communicate this status back to the ORC with periodic updates. The repair of this fault condition involves verifying the integrity of the wiring between the ORC and the sensor. This Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when the ORC no longer receives the notification of the status update from the impact sensor. Once set, this DTC is latched for the entire ignition cycle.
|Need more information with the U0172 RAM code?Need more information on how to fix the U0172 RAM code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
|Need help with a U0172 RAM code?Get the U0172 Ram code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|U0172 RAM code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the U0172 Ram code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks