U0110 HONDA - F-CAN Malfunction Battery Condition Monitor Module-Motor Control Module
- Faulty Motor Control Module (MCM) / Battery Condition Monitor (BCM)
- Motor Control Module (MCM) / Battery Condition Monitor (BCM) harness is open or shorted
- Motor Control Module (MCM) / Battery Condition Monitor (BCM) circuit poor electrical connection
Tech notes2006-2011 Honda Civic Hybrid
Do you have a vehicle with DTC U0110 (F-CAN malfunction [BCM module-MCM]) and DTC U1205 (IMA-CAN malfunction [BCM module-MCM]) set along with a blown No. 61 (10 A) IMA fuse in the auxiliary under-hood fuse/relay box? The culprit might be a bad IPU module fan.
To fix this problem, here’s what you need to do:
- Replace the blown No. 61 (10 A) IMA fuse.
- Hook up the HDS and turn the ignition to ON.
- Do the IPU module fan drive test. In this test, the HDS changes the speed of the IMA module fan. It goes from off, to low (over 850 rpm), to middle (over 2, 200 rpm), to high (over 2,580 rpm).
--From the System Selection Menu, select IMA.
--From the Mode Menu, select Function Test.
--From the Function Test Menu, select IPU MODULE FAN DRIVE TEST. If the No. 61 fuse blows while this test is running, replace the IPU module fan, then clear the DTCs. If the fuse doesn’t blow, see the DTC troubleshooting procedures in the electronic service manual.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
U0110 Honda DescriptionThe Controller Area Network (CAN) transmits/receives pulsing signals to/from the control modules simultaneously by using two signal lines (CANH and CANL).
When the information is not sent from the Motor Control Module (MCM) through the F-CAN and this condition continues for a specified time or when the information sent from the MCM is abnormal and this condition continues for a specified cycle, the Battery Condition Monitor (BCM) module detects a malfunction and when BUS-OFF is not detected after the time to detect BUS-OFF has passed, a DTC is stored.
Need more help?Get the U0110 Honda code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
U0110 HONDA CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the U0110 Honda code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks