U0101 SATURN - Lost Communication With Transmission Control Module
Tech notesThere is a factory service bulletin for some models with U0101 code, the factory recommends that prior to any parts replaced there are several areas that should be inspected:
- One area is the transmission connector pins, for damaged terminals or poor terminal fit.
- Another area is the under hood fuse block for damaged terminals or poor terminal fit and mispositioned fuses in fuse block.
- Another area to inspect would be the TCM ground.
- As always powers and ground should always be load checked to make sure the circuits are able to work properly.
- Another common area would be to check the harness for rubbing through on any sharp objects mainly on top of transmission where harness can contact sharp area on engine block.
U0101 Saturn DescriptionModules connected to the high speed General Motor Local Area Network (GMLAN) serial data circuits monitor for serial data communications during normal vehicle operation. Operating information and commands are exchanged among the modules. The modules have prerecorded information about what messages are needed to be exchanged on the serial data circuits, for each virtual network. The messages are supervised and also, some periodic messages are used by the receiver module as an availability indication of the transmitter module. The supervision time-out period is 250 ms. Each message contains the identification number of the transmitter module.
Need more help?Get the U0101 Saturn code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in you area
U0101 SATURN CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the U0101 Saturn code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks