P3435 CHRYSLER - Cylinder 5 Deactivation Control Circuit Low
- Low oil pressure
- Restricted oil passage
- Engine mechanical condition
- Faulty Multiple Displacement System (MDS) Solenoid
- Multiple Displacement System (MDS) Solenoid harness is open or shorted
- Multiple Displacement System (MDS) Solenoid circuit poor electrical connection
Tech notesAlthough in some cases changing the engine oil may fix the problem, usually the Multi Displacement System Solenoid may need to replaced.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P3435 Chrysler DescriptionWhen all the criteria has been met,power is supplied to each Multi-Displacement System (MDS) Solenoid when engine is making a transition from 8 cylinder mode to 4 cylinder mode. By actuating the solenoid, oil pressure is raised to the pair of lifter that coincide with each particular solenoid. The oil pressure pushes in the locking pins that allows the lifter to collapse, decoupling the valves and camshafts.
Need more help?Get the P3435 Chrysler code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P3435 CHRYSLER CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P3435 Chrysler code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks