P305F CHEVROLET - Dual Battery Control Module Performance
- Low battery charge
- Faulty Battery
- Battery harness is open or shorted
- Battery circuit poor electrical connection
Tech notesThere is a factory service bulletin for the following models:
2014-2016 Chevrolet Malibu
There may be several different causes of this code setting and before any component replacements, please follow the recommendations below.
Inspect the Following:
- Inspect for loose unsecured electrical ground.
- Verify the engine harness is not pinched underneath the main battery tray.
- Inspect both main and auxiliary battery cables for being secured.
- Perform the battery inspection/test in SI to the auxiliary battery.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P305f Chevrolet DescriptionThis system uses a dual battery configuration which includes the 12 V primary battery and 12 V auxiliary battery. The dual battery control module switches the 12 V primary battery and 12 V auxiliary battery in and out at appropriate times to support vehicle loads and battery charging. During engine crank, the auxiliary battery is switched in to supply voltage to the vehicle loads (except the starter motor which receives voltage from the primary battery) and the ECM monitors the auxiliary battery voltage through the IGN input.
Need more help?Get the P305f Chevrolet code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in you area
P305F CHEVROLET CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P305f Chevrolet code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks