P3056 - Battery Current Sensor Circuit Malfunction
P3056 Possible Causes
- Faulty HV battery assembly
- HV battery assembly harness is open or shorted
- HV battery assembly circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Battery current sensor
- Faulty Battery ECU
First diagnose P3056 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P3056 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P3056 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P3056 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P3056 DescriptionThe battery current sensor, which is mounted on the negative cable side of the HV battery assembly, detects the amperage that flows into the HV battery. The battery current sensor inputs a voltage (which varies between 0 to 5 V in proportion to the amperage) into the IB terminal of the battery ECU. An output voltage of the battery current sensor below 2.5 V indicates that the HV battery assembly is being charged, and above 2.5 V indicates that the HV battery assembly is being discharged.
The battery ECU determines the charging and discharging amperage of the HV battery assembly based on the signals that are input to its IB terminal, and calculates the SOC (state of charge) of the HV battery through the estimation of the amperage.
P3056 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P3056 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P3056 Information for specific makes
- P3056 BUICK DC/DC Converter Actuator Voltage 2 Performance
- P3056 CADILLAC DC/DC Converter Actuator Voltage 2 Performance
- P3056 CHEVROLET DC/DC Converter Actuator Voltage 2 Performance
- P3056 GMC DC/DC Converter Actuator Voltage 2 Performance
- P3056 LEXUS Battery Current Sensor Circuit Malfunction
- P3056 TOYOTA Battery Current Sensor Circuit Malfunction
Need more help?Get the P3056 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P3056 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P3056 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks