P2A02 - O2 Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Bank 1 Sensor 3
- Faulty O2 Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 3
- Faulty O2 Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 3 harness is open or shorted
- Faulty O2 Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 3 circuit poor electrical connection
- Inappropriate fuel pressure
- Faulty fuel injectors
- Intake air leaks may be faulty
- Exhaust gas leaks
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P2a02 DescriptionThe heated oxygen sensor 3 (HO2S), after three way catalyst (manifold), monitors the oxygen level in the exhaust gas on each bank. For optimum catalyst operation, the air fuel mixture (air-fuel ratio) must be maintained near the ideal stoichiometric ratio. The HO2S output voltage changes suddenly in the vicinity of the stoichiometric ratio. The Engine Control Module (ECM) adjusts the fuel injection time so that the air-fuel ratio is nearly stoichiometric. The HO2S generates a voltage between 0.1 and 0.9 V in response to oxygen in the exhaust gas. If the oxygen in the exhaust gas increases, the air-fuel ratio becomes Lean. The ECM interprets Lean when the HO2S voltage is below 0.45 V. If the oxygen in the exhaust gas decreases, the air-fuel ratio becomes Rich. The ECM interprets Rich when the HO2S voltage is above 0.45 V.
P2A02 Information for specific makes
- P2A02 DODGE O2 Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Bank 1 Sensor 3
Need more help?Get the P2a02 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P2A02 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P2a02 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks