P279C CHEVROLET - Four Wheel Drive Neutral Range Performance
P279C CHEVROLET Possible Causes
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
- Engine Control Module (ECM) harness is open or shorted
- Engine Control Module (ECM) circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P279C CHEVROLET code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P279C CHEVROLET code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P279C CHEVROLET code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P279C CHEVROLET Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P279c Chevrolet DescriptionThe Engine Control Module (ECM) uses the following two ways to determine if the transfer case is in 4WD Low, 4WD High or Neutral.
1. The first way is to compare the transmission output speed sensor to the transfer case output speed sensor in order to calculate transfer case range.
2. The second way is to use a LAN message sent by the transfer case shift control module to the ECM.
The ECM uses this message to determine motor torque required and transmission shifting.
The internal fault detection is handled inside the control module. No external circuit diagnosis is involved.
P279C CHEVROLET More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P279C CHEVROLET code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the P279c Chevrolet code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P279C CHEVROLET CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P279c Chevrolet code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks