P2764 BUICK - Torque Converter Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Control Circuit Low
- Faulty Torque Converter Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid
- Torque Converter Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid harness is open or shorted
- Torque Converter Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid circuit poor electrical connection
- Clogged valve body oil passages
When is the code detected?When the Transmission Control Module (TCM) detects a continuous open or short to ground in the Torque Converter Clutch Pulse Width Modulated (TCC PWM) Solenoid valve circuit, then the P2764 code sets.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Issues with transmission shifting
P2764 Buick DescriptionThe Transmission Control Module (TCM) provides voltage to the Torque Converter Clutch Pulse Width Modulated (TCC PWM) solenoid valve through High Side Driver 2 (HSD2). The TCM controls the ON and OFF time of the solenoid by providing a ground through the output driver module (ODM). The TCM uses a PWM duty cycle, in order to control application and release of the TCC. When the solenoid is commanded OFF, the TCM senses high voltage. When the solenoid is commanded ON, the TCM senses low voltage.
Need more help?Get the P2764 Buick code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P2764 BUICK CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P2764 Buick code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks