P2583 - Cruise Control Front Distance Range Sensor Single Sensor or Center
- Faulty Front Distance Range Sensor
- Front Distance Range Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Front Distance Range Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Cruise Control System stops working
P2583 DescriptionThe Front Distance Range Sensor detects light reflected from a vehicle ahead by irradiating laser forward and calculates a distance from the vehicle ahead and a relative speed, based on the detected signal the Front Distance Range Sensor transmits the presence/absence of vehicle ahead and the distance from the vehicle to vehicle Cruise Control Unit. When the vehicle's Cruise Control Unit loses communication with the Front Distance Range Sensor, the Cruise Control Unit request the Engine Control Module (ECM) to set the OBDII code.
Need more help?Get the P2583 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P2583 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P2583 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks