P247C FORD - Exhaust Gas Temperature Out of Range Bank 2 Sensor 1
- Faulty Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor (EGTS) Bank 2 Sensor 1
- Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Bank 2 Sensor 1 harness is open or shorted
- Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Bank 2 Sensor 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Exhaust leaks
- Excessive particulate matter buildup on sensor
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P247c Ford DescriptionThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) continuously monitors the Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor (EGTS) for proper circuit continuity and out of range high values. The EGTS is located in front of the Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) and/or in front of the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF). The EGTS detects exhaust gas temperature and converts it into a voltage and feeds back to the PCM with the voltage signal in order to control engine conditions to effectively reduce emissions. The PCM sets the P247C OBDII code when the Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor is out of factory specifications.
Need more help?Get the P247c Ford code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P247C FORD CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P247c Ford code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks