P244A - Diesel Particulate Filter Differential Pressure Too Low Bank 1
- Faulty diesel particulate filter
- Exhaust leaks before or near the diesel particulate filter pressure sensor
- Leaks in the diesel particulate filter pressure sensor connecting hose
- Aftermarket accessories and performance modifications
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P244a DescriptionThis diagnostic checks to make sure that the aftertreatment Diesel Particulate Filter is present and functioning correctly. The Engine Control Module (ECM) uses the Exhaust Pressure Sensor to monitor the pressure differential through the aftertreatment Diesel Particulate Filter. The ECM will set the fault if it detects that the aftertreatment diesel particulate filter is not present in the aftertreatment/exhaust system. This DTC is a two trip fault. Active regeneration of the aftertreatment Diesel Particulate Filter will be disabled. The ECM will turn off the MIL lamp immediately after the diagnostic runs and passes.
P244A Information for specific makes
- P244A FORD Diesel Particulate Filter Differential Pressure Too Low Bank 1
Need more help?Get the P244a code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P244A CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P244a code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks