P2428 DODGE - Exhaust Gas Temperature Too High Bank 1
- Faulty Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT)
- Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) harness is open or shorted
- Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) circuit poor electrical connection
- Extreme changes in ambient temperature soon after key ON, engine running
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P2428 Dodge DescriptionThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) sensor for a biased signal value. Following an 8-hour soak, the PCM records the EGT sensor temperature value at key ON, engine OFF. After several minutes of vehicle operation at vehicle speeds greater than 40.2 km/h (25 mph) the PCM calculates an expected key ON, engine OFF value. The PCM determines what the expected EGT value at key ON, engine OFF should have been based on inputs from other sensors. The test fails when the difference between the expected calculated value and the actual recorded value is greater than 40°C (72°F).
Need more help?Get the P2428 Dodge code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P2428 DODGE CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P2428 Dodge code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks