P2418 - Evaporative Emission System Switching Valve Control Circuit/Open
P2418 Possible Causes
- Faulty Vacuum Pump Module
- Vacuum Pump Module harness is open or shorted
- Vacuum Pump Module circuit poor electrical connection.
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
How do I fix code P2418?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P2418 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P2418 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P2418 Description5 hours after the ignition switch is turned OFF, the leak detection pump creates negative pressure(vacuum) in the EVAP system. The Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors for leaks and actuator malfunctions based on the EVAP pressure. HINT: If the engine coolant temperature is not below 35°C (95°F) 5 hours after the ignition switch is turned OFF, the monitor check starts 2 hours later. If it is still not below 35°C (95°F) 7 hours after the ignition switch is turned OFF, the monitor check starts 2.5 hours later.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P2418 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P2418 BMW DMTL Solenoid Valve Activation
- P2418 DODGE Evaporative Emission System Switching Valve Control Circuit/Open
- P2418 FORD Evaporative Emission Control System Switching Valve Control Circuit Open
- P2418 HYUNDAI Evaporative Emission System Switching Valve Control Circuit /Open
- P2418 LEXUS EVAP System Valve Control Circuit Open
- P2418 SCION EVAP System Valve Control Circuit Open
- P2418 TOYOTA EVAP System Valve Control Circuit Open
- P2418 VOLVO Leak Diagnostic Unit Valve Signal Missing
Need more help?Get the P2418 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P2418 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks