P240A - Evaporative Emission System Leak Detection Pump Heater Control Circuit/Open
- Faulty Leak Detection Pump
- Leak Detection Pump harness is open or shorted
- Leak Detection Pump circuit poor electrical connection
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P240a DescriptionThe Engine Control Module (ECM) checks power consumption on the Leak Detection Pump. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) can be diagnosed when the leak diagnostic system is run. A diagnostic trouble code is stored if the current consumption of the pump in the Leak Detection Pump unit varies too much during the reference phase.
P240A Information for specific makes
- P240A BMW Evaporative Emission System Leak Detection Pump Heater Control Circuit/Open
Need more help?Get the P240a code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P240A CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P240a code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks