- Faulty knock sensor
- Knock sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Knock sensor harness is open or shorted
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible Lack/Loss of Power
P2340 DescriptionThe Knock Sensor (KS) senses engine knocking (also known as detonation or pinging) using a piezoelectric element. The sensor is attached to the cylinder block, cylinder head or intake manifold. A knocking vibration from the cylinder block is sensed as vibrational pressure. This pressure is converted into a voltage signal and sent to the Engine Control Module (ECM). The ECM uses this signal to retard the ignition timing and protect the engine from this damaging pre-ignition.
P2340 Information for specific makes
- P2340 DODGE Cylinder 5 Above Knock Threshold
Need more help?Get the P2340 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P2340 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P2340 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks