P2273 - O2 Sensor Signal Biased/Stuck Rich Bank 2 Sensor 2
- Faulty Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 2
- Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 2 harness is open or shorted
- Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 2 circuit poor electrical connection
- Exhaust gas leaks
When is the code detected?The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detected the HO2S22 sensor has reported a rich condition for an extended period during an intrusive test
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- High Fuel Consumption
- Excessive Smoke from Exhaust
P2273 DescriptionThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) supplies a voltage of about 450 mV between the HO2S high and low signal circuits. The oxygen sensor varies the voltage over a range from about 1,000 mV when the exhaust is rich, down through about 10 mV when the exhaust is lean.
The PCM monitors and stores the heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) voltage information. The PCM evaluates the HO2S voltage samples in order to determine the amount of time the HO2S voltage was out of range. The PCM compares the stored HO2S voltage samples taken within each sample period and determines if majority of the samples are out of the operating range.
P2273 Information for specific makes
- P2273 BMW O2 Sensor Signal Biased/Stuck Rich Bank 2 Sensor 2
- P2273 DODGE Oxygen Sensor Signal Stuck Rich Bank 2 Sensor 2
- P2273 FORD Oxygen Sensor Signal Stuck Rich Bank 2 Sensor 2
- P2273 LINCOLN Oxygen Sensor Signal Stuck Rich Bank 2 Sensor 2
- P2273 MERCURY Oxygen Sensor Signal Stuck Rich Bank 2 Sensor 2
Need more help?Get the P2273 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P2273 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P2273 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks