P2259 - Secondary Air Injection System Control 'B' Circuit Low
P2259 Possible Causes
- Faulty Secondary Air System Relay
- Secondary Air System Relay harness is open or shorted
- Secondary Air System Relay circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Secondary Air System Pump
First diagnose P2259 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P2259 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P2259 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P2259 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P2259 DescriptionAn Air Pump is used on the vehicle to lower tail pipe emissions on start-up. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) grounds the Air Pump Relay Control Circuit which energizes the Air Pump. The PCM also grounds the Air Combination Valve Vacuum Control Solenoid Circuit, which energizes the Air Vacuum Control Solenoid. Vacuum is then applied to both Air Combination Valve Diaphragms which opens the shut-off valves. The PCM enables both circuits simultaneously when Air System operation is desired. When the Air System is active, then Air pump forces fresh air into the exhaust stream in order to accelerate catalyst operation. The AIR combination valves replace the conventional check valves. When the AIR system is inactive the shut-off valves prevent air flow in either direction.
P2259 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P2259 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P2259 Information for specific makes
- P2259 DODGE Secondary Air Injection System Control 'B' Circuit Low
- P2259 FORD Secondary Air Injection System Control 'B' Circuit Low
- P2259 LINCOLN Secondary Air Injection System Control 'B' Circuit Low
- P2259 MAZDA Secondary Air Injection System Control 'B' Circuit Low
- P2259 MERCURY Secondary Air Injection System Control 'B' Circuit Low
Need more help?Get the P2259 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P2259 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P2259 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks