P2197 FORD - Oxygen Sensor Signal Biased/Stuck Lean Bank 2 Sensor 1
- Faulty Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 2
- Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 2 harness is open or shorted
- Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 2 circuit poor electrical connection
- Inappropriate fuel pressure
- Faulty fuel injectors
- Intake air leaks may be faulty
- Vacuums leaks
User Submitted Video
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Excessive Fuel Consumption
P2197 Ford DescriptionThe front heated oxygen sensor (or O2 sensor 1) is placed into the exhaust manifold. It detects the amount of oxygen in the exhaust gas compared to the outside air. The heated oxygen sensor 1 has a closed-end tube made of ceramic zirconia. The zirconia generates voltage from approximately 1V in richer conditions to 0V in leaner conditions. A heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) indicating lean at the end of a test is trying to correct for an over-rich condition. The test fails when the fuel control system no longer detects switching for a calibrated amount of time.
P2197 Ford Information for specific Ford models
Need more help?Get the P2197 Ford code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P2197 FORD CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P2197 Ford code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks