P2174 - Throttle Actuator Control System - Sudden Low Air Flow Detected
- Faulty Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) module
- Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) module harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) module circuit poor electrical connection
- Throttle plate sticking due to carbon build-up
- Engine Control Module (ECM)
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P2174 DescriptionThe Engine Control Module (ECM) is the control center for the Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) system. The ECM determines the drivers intent and then calculates the appropriate throttle response. The ECM achieves throttle positioning by providing a pulse width modulated voltage to the TAC motor. The TAC system uses the following circuits for Motor control 1 and Motor control 2.
Two processors are also used to monitor the TAC system data. Both processors are located within the ECM. Both processors monitor each other's data to verify that the indicated throttle position is correct.
P2174 Information for specific makes
Need more help?Get the P2174 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P2174 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P2174 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks