P2166 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor 'D' Maximum Stop Performance
P2166 Possible Causes
- Faulty Electronic Throttle Control (ETC)
- Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) harness is open or shorted
- Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
First diagnose P2166 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P2166 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P2166 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P2166 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- No throttle pedal response
P2166 DescriptionThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the electronic throttle for the ability of the throttle plate to reach the upper mechanical stop position within a calibrated amount of time at ignition ON. The P2166 code sets if the throttle plate does not reach the upper mechanical stop position within a calibrated amount of time.
P2166 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P2166 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P2166 Information for specific makes
- P2166 DODGE Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor 'D' Maximum Stop Performance
Need more help?Get the P2166 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P2166 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P2166 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks