P2138 LEXUS - Throttle Pedal Position Sensor/Switch 'D'/'E' Voltage Correlation
- Faulty Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor
- Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P2138 LEXUS Description
In the accelerator pedal position sensor, the voltage applied to terminals VPA and VPA2 of the Engine Control Module (ECM) changes between 0 V and 5 V in proportion to the angle of the accelerator pedal. The VPA is a signal to indicate the actual accelerator pedal angle and is used for the engine control. VPA2 is used to detect malfunctions of the sensor itself.
The ECM monitors the accelerator pedal angle from VPA and VPA2 signal outputs, and controls the throttle motor based on these signals.
Need more help?
P2138 LEXUS CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P2138 Lexus code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks