P2099 FORD - Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Rich Bank 2
- Faulty Heated Oxygen Sensor
- Heated Oxygen Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Heated Oxygen Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Exhaust leaks
- Contaminated Heated Oxygen Sensor
Tech notesBefore replacing the Heated Oxygen Sensor, inspect the sensor connector for signs of damage, water ingress, or corrosion
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P2099 Ford DescriptionThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the correction value from downstream Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) as part of the fore-aft oxygen sensor control routine. The test fails when correction value is greater than a calibrated limit.
P2099 Ford Information for specific Ford models
Need more help?Get the P2099 Ford code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P2099 FORD CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P2099 Ford code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks