P1FFB - Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Coolant Level Sensor Circuit
P1FFB Possible Causes
- Faulty Hybrid/EV Powertrain Control Module 2
- Hybrid/EV Powertrain Control Module 2 harness is open or shorted
- Hybrid/EV Powertrain Control Module 2 circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P1FFB code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1FFB code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1FFB code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1FFB Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1ffb DescriptionThe hybrid/EV battery pack coolant system has a level sensor. The hybrid/EV battery pack coolant level sensor is attached to the coolant surge tank. The level sensor is a 2 state bi-metallic reed switch which changes state when the switch reed is exposed to magnetism. The level of the hybrid/EV battery pack coolant in the surge tank causes a magnet-equipped float to move towards and away from the sensor as coolant level decreases or increases. The hybrid/EV powertrain control module 2 supplies 5 V to the signal circuit and a ground for the low reference circuit. The hybrid/EV battery pack coolant level sensor resistance decreases when the battery coolant level in the surge tank gets low. The hybrid/EV powertrain control module 2 uses the hybrid/EV battery pack coolant level sensor to determine if the hybrid/EV battery pack coolant system is low on coolant.
P1FFB More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1FFB code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1FFB Information for specific makes
- P1FFB BUICK Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Coolant Level Sensor Circuit
- P1FFB CADILLAC Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Coolant Level Sensor Circuit
- P1FFB CHEVROLET Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Coolant Level Sensor Circuit
- P1FFB GMC Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Coolant Level Sensor Circuit
- P1FFB SATURN Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Coolant Level Sensor Circuit
Need more help?Get the P1ffb code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P1FFB CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1ffb code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks