P1F5D - 14 Volt Power Module L-Terminal Circuit Low Voltage
P1F5D Possible Causes
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
- Engine Control Module (ECM) harness is open or shorted
- Engine Control Module (ECM) circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P1F5D code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1F5D code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1F5D code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1F5D Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1f5d DescriptionThe Engine Control Module (ECM) uses two circuits to control and monitor the state of the 14V power module, often referred to as the accessory DC power control module. The control circuit functions much like the L Terminal circuit on a generator equipped vehicle. A high side driver in the ECM applies a duty cycled voltage to the 14V power module. The duty cycle controls the 14V power module output. The ECM monitors the state of the 14V power module control circuit. The ECM will detect faults on the 14V power module control circuit when the vehicle is ON.
P1F5D More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1F5D code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1F5D Information for specific makes
- P1F5D BUICK 14 Volt Power Module L-Terminal Circuit Low Voltage
- P1F5D CADILLAC 14 Volt Power Module L-Terminal Circuit Low Voltage
- P1F5D CHEVROLET 14 Volt Power Module L-Terminal Circuit Low Voltage
- P1F5D GMC 14 Volt Power Module L-Terminal Circuit Low Voltage
- P1F5D SATURN 14 Volt Power Module L-Terminal Circuit Low Voltage
Need more help?Get the P1f5d code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P1F5D CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1f5d code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks