P1EC9 - A/C Compressor Motor Instantaneous High Current
P1EC9 Possible Causes
- Faulty A/C Compressor Motor
- A/C Compressor Motor harness is open or shorted
- A/C Compressor Motor circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P1EC9Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1EC9 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1EC9 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1ec9 DescriptionThe AC compressor function is to provide refrigerant flow in the AC refrigerant loop to help cool down the cabin, help dehumidify the air in a defrost mode and help maintain the battery temperature. Rather than a more typical pulley, the A/C compressor uses a 3-phase alternating current, high voltage electric motor to operate. It has an on-board inverter that takes High Voltage direct current from the vehicle's High Voltage Battery and inverts it to alternating current for the motor. The AC compressor shall be activated when any of the three following events occur:
- The customer pushes the AC button
- The HVAC control, in AUTO mode, requests the electric AC compressor on to help in cooling the cabin or removing moisture in the defrost mode
- The High Voltage Battery Thermal System requests the AC compressor on to help maintain the battery temperature
The Hybrid/EV Powertrain Control Module 2 uses values from the A/C refrigerant pressure transducers, A/C refrigerant thermistor, duct temperature sensors, ambient air temperature sensor, passenger compartment temperature sensor, evaporator temperature sensor, battery cell temperature sensors, battery coolant temperature sensors and battery coolant pumps to determine the speed at which the compressor will operate. This speed request message is sent from the Hybrid/EV Powertrain Control Module 2 to the A/C compressor control module via GM LAN message.
P1EC9 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1EC9 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1EC9 BUICK A/C Compressor Motor Instantaneous High Current
- P1EC9 CADILLAC A/C Compressor Motor Instantaneous High Current
- P1EC9 CHEVROLET A/C Compressor Motor Instantaneous High Current
- P1EC9 GMC A/C Compressor Motor Instantaneous High Current
- P1EC9 SATURN A/C Compressor Motor Instantaneous High Current
Need more help?Get the P1ec9 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1ec9 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks