P1EC5 - Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Heater Transistor Stuck On
P1EC5 Possible Causes
- Faulty Battery Energy Control Module
- Battery Energy Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Battery Energy Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P1EC5?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1EC5 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1EC5 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1EC5 DescriptionThe hybrid/EV battery contains 5 high voltage contactors and 2 transistors. The high voltage contactors and transistors allow the high voltage DC batteries to be connected to the vehicle or safely contain the high voltage DC within the hybrid/EV battery assembly. The 5 high voltage contactors consist of a main positive high voltage contactor, main negative high voltage contactor, charge positive high voltage contactor, charge negative high voltage contactor and multi-function high voltage contactor. The 2 transistors consist of the precharge transistor and heater transistor. The contactors and transistors close and open in a specific sequence controlled by the hybrid/EV powertrain control module 2. The hybrid/EV powertrain control module 2 supplies voltage to the control circuit for the high voltage contactors/transistors. Ground is provided through the case ground.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1EC5 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1EC5 BUICK Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Heater Transistor Stuck On
- P1EC5 CADILLAC Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Heater Transistor Stuck On
- P1EC5 CHEVROLET Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Heater Transistor Stuck On
- P1EC5 GMC Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Heater Transistor Stuck On
- P1EC5 SATURN Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Heater Transistor Stuck On
Need more help?Get the P1ec5 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1ec5 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks