P1E08 - Hybrid Battery Contactor Status Circuit Low Voltage
P1E08 Possible Causes
- Faulty Power Inverter Module
- Power Inverter Module harness is open or shorted
- Power Inverter Module circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P1E08 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1E08 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1E08 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1E08 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1e08 DescriptionThe hybrid powertrain control module monitors the hybrid/EV battery high voltage contactor status and requests contactor function primarily via serial data. In the event of a serial data fault there is a redundant discreet circuit between the two controllers that transmits the hybrid powertrain control module contactor requests to the hybrid powertrain control module 2 via a pulse width modulated (PWM) signal. The hybrid powertrain control module is internal to the power inverter module, often referred to as the drive motor generator power inverter module, and is not serviced separately.
P1E08 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1E08 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1E08 Information for specific makes
- P1E08 BUICK Hybrid Battery Contactor Status Circuit Low Voltage
- P1E08 CADILLAC Hybrid Battery Contactor Status Circuit Low Voltage
- P1E08 CHEVROLET Hybrid Battery Contactor Status Circuit Low Voltage
- P1E08 GMC Hybrid Battery Contactor Status Circuit Low Voltage
- P1E08 SATURN Hybrid Battery Contactor Status Circuit Low Voltage
Need more help?Get the P1e08 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P1E08 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1e08 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks