P1AB6 SATURN - Starter/Generator Phase V Current Sensor Circuit High Voltage
P1AB6 SATURN Possible Causes
- Faulty Starter/Generator Control Module (SGCM)
- Starter/Generator Control Module (SGCM) harness is open or shorted
- Starter/Generator Control Module (SGCM) circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P1AB6 SATURN code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1AB6 SATURN code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1AB6 SATURN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1AB6 SATURN Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1ab6 Saturn DescriptionThe Starter/Generator Control Module (SGCM) phase U/V/W current sensors are used for motor control and power inverter module (PIM) current sensor rationality check. The SGCM monitors the current sensor for the following:
- To detect a failure of the U/V/W-phase current sensor circuit below valid range.
- To detect a failure of the U/V/W-phase current sensor circuit above valid range.
P1AB6 SATURN More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1AB6 SATURN code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the P1ab6 Saturn code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P1AB6 SATURN CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1ab6 Saturn code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks