- Faulty Energy Storage Box (ESB) Battery
- Faulty Battery Energy Control Module (BECM)
- Battery Energy Control Module (BECM) harness is open or shorted
- Battery Energy Control Module (BECM) circuit poor electrical connection
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1a27 DescriptionBattery voltage sensors allow the Energy Storage Control Module (ESCM) to monitor the voltage of the batteries in the Energy Storage Box (ESB). The batteries apply voltage to internal input resistors that are connected to the signal circuits of the battery voltage sensors. The module provides ground to the battery voltage sensors through the reference circuit. The ESCM monitors the voltage drop across the battery voltage sensors and uses the inputs for hybrid calculations. When the battery voltage is high, the resistances of the sensors are high and the voltage signals are high. When the battery voltage is low, the resistances of the sensors are low and the voltage signals are low.
P1A27 Information for specific makes
Need more help?Get the P1a27 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P1A27 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1a27 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks