- Faulty Internal Mode Switch (IMS)
- Internal Mode Switch (IMS) harness is open or shorted
- Internal Mode Switch (IMS) circuit poor electrical connection
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1822 DescriptionWith the engine runtime over 5 seconds, system voltage from 8-18v, Fuel Cutoff inactive, engine torque from 30-148 ft-lb (40-200 Nm), the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects that the Internal Mode Switch (IMS) signal indicated PARK for 2 seconds, and then the IMS indicated a transitional state between D2 and D1, conditions met for 5 seconds.
P1822 Information for specific makes
- P1822 BUICK Internal Mode Switch Circuit 'B' Low
- P1822 CADILLAC Internal Mode Switch Circuit 'B' Low
- P1822 CHEVROLET Internal Mode Switch Circuit 'B' Low
- P1822 FORD Transmission Transfer Case Clockwise Shift Relay Coil Short Circuit To Battery
- P1822 GMC Internal Mode Switch Circuit 'B' Low
- P1822 MITSUBISHI Shift Fork Position Sensor 1 System Output Range Out
Need more help?Get the P1822 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P1822 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1822 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks