P1780 1997 TOYOTA CAMRY - Park/Neutral Position Switch Malfunction
- Faulty Park/Neutral Position (PNP) switch
- Park/Neutral Position (PNP) switch harness is open or shorted
- Park/Neutral Position (PNP) switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Misadjusted Park/Neutral Position (PNP) switch
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1780 1997 Toyota Camry DescriptionThe Park/Neutral Position (PNP) switch detects the shift lever position and sends signals to the Engine Control Module (ECM). The ECM receives signals (NSW, R, 2 and L) from the park/neutral position switch. When the signal is not sent to the ECM from the park/neutral position switch, the ECM judges that the shift lever is in D position.
Need more help?Get the P1780 1997 Toyota Camry code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P1780 1997 TOYOTA CAMRY CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1780 1997 Toyota Camry code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks