P1743 - Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Failed On Conditions
P1743 Possible Causes
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty torque converter clutch solenoid valve
- Torque converter clutch solenoid valve harness or connectors
- Torque converter clutch solenoid valve circuit is open or shorted
- Transmission internal mechanical problem
First diagnose P1743 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1743 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1743 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1743 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1743 DescriptionThe torque converter clutch solenoid valve is activated, with the gear in D4, by the Transmission Control Module (TCM) in response to signals sent from the vehicle speed and the Engine Control Module (ECM). Lock-up piston operation will then be controlled. When the torque converter clutch solenoid valve is activated, the torque converter lockup clutch will engage creating a 1 to 1 RPM ratio between the transmission input shaft and the rotational speed of the torque converter.
Lock-up operation, however, is prohibited when A/T fluid temperature is too low.
When the accelerator pedal is depressed (less than 2/8) in lock-up condition, the engine speed should not change abruptly. If there is a big jump in engine speed, there is no lock-up.
P1743 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1743 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1743 Information for specific makes
- P1743 BUICK Throttle Position Invalid Signal
- P1743 CADILLAC Throttle Position Invalid Signal
- P1743 CHEVROLET Throttle Position Invalid Signal
- P1743 FORD Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Failed On Conditions
- P1743 GMC Throttle Position Invalid Signal
- P1743 HYUNDAI Position 4 Short To Ground
- P1743 LINCOLN Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Failed On Conditions
- P1743 MAZDA Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Failed On Conditions
- P1743 MERCURY Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Failed On Conditions
- P1743 SAAB Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Failed On Conditions
Need more help?Get the P1743 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P1743 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1743 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks