P1596 CHRYSLER - Speed Control Switch Always High
- Faulty Speed Control Switch
- Speed Control Brake Switch harness is open or shorted
- Speed Control Brake Switch electrical circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Clockspring
- Clockspring harness is open or shorted
- Clockspring electrical circuit poor electrical connection
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Speed Control System (Cruise Control) inoperative
P1596 Chrysler DescriptionThe speed control system is electronically controlled and vacuum operated. Electronic control of the speed control system is integrated into the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). The controls consist of two steering wheel mounted switches. The switches are labeled: ON/OFF, RES/ACCEL, SET, COAST, and CANCEL. The system is designed to operate at speeds above 30 mph (50 km/h).
Need more help?Get the P1596 Chrysler code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P1596 CHRYSLER CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1596 Chrysler code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks