P1456 NISSAN - Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected Small Leak
- Missing Fuel cap
- Incorrect fuel filler cap used
- Fuel filler cap remains open or fails to close
- Foreign matter caught in fuel filler cap
- Incorrect fuel tank vacuum relief valve
- Leak is in line between intake manifold and EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve.
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible a noticeable fuel odor caused by the release of fuel vapors
P1456 NISSAN Description
The vacuum cut valve bypass valve is opened to clear the line between the fuel tank and the EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve. The EVAP canister vent control valve will then be closed to shut the EVAP purge line off. The EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve is opened to depressurize the EVAP purge line using intake manifold vacuum. After this depressurization is implemented, the EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve will be closed.
Most Nissan Models EVAP System Diagram
P1456 NISSAN Information for specific Nissan models
P1456 2003 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
P1456 2002 NISSAN SENTRA
P1456 2003 NISSAN SENTRA
P1456 2004 NISSAN SENTRA
P1456 2005 NISSAN SENTRA
P1456 2006 NISSAN SENTRA
Need more help?
P1456 NISSAN CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1456 Nissan code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks