P1446 - EVAP Canister Vent Control Valve Close
P1446 Possible Causes
- Faulty EVAP Pressure Sensor
- EVAP Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
- EVAP Pressure Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Blocked rubber tube to EVAP canister vent control valve
- EVAP Water separator
- EVAP canister is saturated with water
- Faulty EVAP canister vent control valve
How do I fix code P1446?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
Cost of diagnosing the P1446 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1446 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1446 DescriptionThe EVAP canister vent control valve is located on the EVAP canister and is used to seal the canister vent.
This solenoid valve responds to signals from the Engine Control Module (ECM). When the ECM sends an ON signal, the coil in the solenoid valve is energized. A plunger will then move to seal the canister vent. The ability to seal the vent is necessary for the on board diagnosis of other evaporative emission control system components.
This solenoid valve is used only for diagnosis, and usually, remains opened. When the vent is closed, under normal purge conditions, the evaporative emission control system is depressurized and allows EVAP Control System (Small Leak) diagnosis.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1446 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1446 AUDI Catalyst Temperature Circuit Short To Ground
- P1446 BMW Diagnostic Module Tank Leakage Pump Control Circuit Signal High
- P1446 HONDA Battery Module Individual Voltage Input Deviation
- P1446 INFINITI EVAP Canister Vent Control Valve Close
- P1446 KIA Leak Detection Module Solenoid Valve Circuit Fault
- P1446 MINI Diagnostic Module Tank Leakage Pump Control Circuit Signal High
- P1446 NISSAN EVAP Canister Vent Control Valve Close
- P1446 SUBARU Fuel Tank Sensor Control Valve Circuit Low
- P1446 VOLKSWAGEN Catalyst Temperature Circuit Short To Ground
Need more help?Get the P1446 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1446 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks