P1274 - Air Fuel Ratio Sensor 1 Bank 1 Rich Shift Monitoring
- Faulty Air fuel ratio (A/F) Sensor 1 Bank 1
- Air fuel ratio (A/F) Sensor 1 Bank 1 harness is open or shorted
- Air fuel ratio (A/F) Sensor 1 Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Fuel pressure
- Faulty Fuel injector
- Faulty Air Flow Meter
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1274 DescriptionThe Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) sensor is a planar dual-cell limit current sensor. The sensor element of the A/F sensor is the combination of a Nernst concentration cell (sensor cell) with an oxygen-pump cell, which transports ions. It has a heater in the element.
The sensor is capable of precise measurement λ= 1, but also in the lean and rich range. Together with its control electronics, the sensor outputs a clear, continuous signal throughout a wide λ range (0.7 < λ < air).
The exhaust gas components diffuse through the diffusion gap at the electrode of the oxygen pump and Nernst concentration cell, where they are brought to thermodynamic balance.
An electronic circuit controls the pump current through the oxygen-pump cell so that the composition of the exhaust gas in the diffusion gap remains constant at λ = 1. Therefore, the A/F sensor is able to indicate air/fuel ratio by this pumping of current. In addition, a heater is integrated in the sensor to ensure the required operating temperature of 700 - 800 C (1,292 - 1,472 F).
P1274 Information for specific makes
- P1274 BUICK Injectors Wired Incorrectly
- P1274 CADILLAC Injectors Wired Incorrectly
- P1274 CHEVROLET Injectors Wired Incorrectly
- P1274 CHRYSLER A/C Clutch Control Circuit 2 Open
- P1274 DODGE A/C Clutch Control Circuit 2 Open
- P1274 FORD Cylinder #4 High To Low Side Open
- P1274 GMC Injectors Wired Incorrectly
- P1274 INFINITI Air Fuel Ratio Sensor 1 Bank 1 Rich Shift Monitoring
- P1274 JEEP A/C Clutch Control Circuit 2 Open
- P1274 MAZDA Cylinder #4 High To Low Side Open
- P1274 NISSAN Air Fuel Ratio Sensor 1 Bank 1 Rich Shift Monitoring
Need more help?Get the P1274 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P1274 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1274 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks