P1257 - VTEC System Malfunction
P1257 Possible Causes
- Engine oil level low
- Low engine oil pressure
- Blocked oil passage
- Faulty VCT oil control valve
How do I fix code P1257?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1257 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1257 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1257 DescriptionThe VTEC system, in conjunction with the Engine Control Module (ECM), activates the VTEC solenoid valve to control oil pressure to the VTEC mechanism that is installed in the valve system to switch valve timing between Low and High. If the VTEC solenoid valve has an open or short circuit, the P1257 code is set.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1257 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1257 ACURA VTEC System Malfunction
- P1257 AUDI Engine Coolant System Valve Open
- P1257 BUICK Supercharger System Overboost
- P1257 CADILLAC Supercharger System Overboost
- P1257 CHEVROLET Supercharger System Overboost
- P1257 FORD Pedal Correlation PDS2 and HPDS
- P1257 GMC Supercharger System Overboost
- P1257 HONDA VTEC System Malfunction
- P1257 VOLKSWAGEN Engine Coolant System Valve Open
Need more help?Get the P1257 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1257 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks