P1253 Possible Causes
- Engine oil level low
- Low engine oil pressure
- Blocked oil passage
- Faulty VCT oil control valve
How do I fix code P1253Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1253 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1253 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1253 DescriptionThe VTEC system, in conjunction with the Engine Control Module (ECM), activates the VTEC solenoid valve to control oil pressure to the VTEC mechanism that is installed in the valve system to switch valve timing between Low and High. If the VTEC solenoid valve has an open or short circuit, a DTC is stored.
P1253 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1253 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1253 ACURA VTEC System Malfunction
- P1253 AUDI Fuel Consumption Signal Short To Ground
- P1253 FORD Pedal Correlation PDS1 and LPDS Low
- P1253 HONDA VTEC System Malfunction
- P1253 ISUZU VTEC System Malfunction
- P1253 SAAB Throttle Position Motor Fully Open Signal During Cranking
- P1253 VOLKSWAGEN Fuel Consumption Signal Short To Ground
Need more help?Get the P1253 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1253 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks